When it comes to traveling and your dog, you really have two main options: Fido can go to a kennel or Fido can stay with you. If you’re anything like us, we’d rather take our Best Furry Friend with us rather than leave him or her behind. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top pet-friendly hotel chains so you and your dog can kick the kennel to the proverbial curb.
Pet travel tips While In Hotel
Before you ever leave home, there are a few things you need to know about staying overnight with your pet; even pet-friendly hotels have their requirements and it’s best to be prepared.
- See if an in-room kennel is required.
- Bring a door hanger notifying others of your pet; your hotel may not provide one.
- If you leave your pet alone, turn on the radio/TV so there is some background noise.
- Don’t leave your pet alone in the room if they continuously bark.
- Call the hotel to confirm that they are indeed pet friendly before you leave home.
- Know your pet’s weight. It could be required at check in.
Hotel Pet Travel List
- Extra collar with updated ID tags
- Food and water for your stay
- Food and water bowls
- Familiar blanket and/or dog bed
- Vaccination records
- Pet First Aid Kit
- Dog crate